Carolee Lizee – Ashcroft councillor candidate
1. How long have you lived in your community?
I have lived in Ashcroft for 10 years. I am retired from managing the Ashcroft Apartment/motel.
2. What is your occupation?
Recently, I began janitorial work for St. Gerard’s Church.
3. Have you done any volunteer work here? Which group(s)?
I do volunteer work for the Sage Hills Evangelical Free church. I help with the accounting and I have served under them at “Soup’s On.”
4. Have you served before in municipal government or on a Board of School Trustees? If yes, where, when, and for how long?
This will be a new adventure for me as I have never served in municipal government before.
5. Which issues are most important to you?
I am concerned with three issues for Ashcroft: Recycle location; Signage at Hwy 97c and Barnes Road. for Ashcroft Terminal; and a dog park.
6. How would you address them?
I will present an idea for the use of the existing location for recycle. Signage at Hwy 9C and Barnes Road is needed to help truckers find Ashcroft Terminal. I will try to use a part of the HUB play yard for a dog park.
7. Additional comments?
I believe in equality for all Ashcroftites.