1. How long have you lived here? 16 years
2. What is your occupation? Retired
3. Have you done any volunteer work here? Which groups? Yes – Ashcroft and Area Community Resource Society, Chair – Christmas Hamper project; President – South Caribou Sportsmen Association; member of the Ashcroft Arts Club; Wellness & Health Coalition (WHAC); Ashcroft Wellness & Music Festival; Director, Arts & Cultural Society; and the Ashcroft Chamber of Commerce.
4. Have you served before on a Town Council or School Board? Have served for six years on the Village of Ashcroft Council. During my tenure, I have served on the Finance and Economic Committee’s as well as the alternate for the TNRD for the Village. I am the representative on the Northern Development Initiative Trust (NDIT) board and serve as the Village representative for the Landfill Monitoring committee and on the Historic Hat Creek Ranch board.
5. Which issues are most important to you? Economic Development; Health Care and Healthy Living; and Ensuring that the core services are at a level that meets the needs of the community.
6. How would you address them? By continuing to work hard, using the knowledge and experience I have gained over the last six years to attract new industry and businesses. By supporting the existing businesses and working with the community in attracting new residents, sustaining our health care services and the social support systems.
7. Additional comments: Focus to see the community grow (but not too big) in the best way possible. More businesses, more employment opportunities for younger families and of course more housing options for all citizens in the community.
I can be reached at 250-453-9547 or by e-mail at email@example.com