1. I moved to Ashcroft with my family in Oct 1965. My father was moved from Seton Lake by B.C. Hydro.
2. I’m a self-employed businessmen, owner and operator of the Irly Building Centre in Ashcroft. Now with my son Steve and daughter-in-law Willow.
3. I was for seven years President of the Chamber of Commerce, and also volunteered my time and Equipment when the Musical Ride came to town.
I have used the equipment for many volunteer jobs to many to remember and will help out when I can.
4. Just as mayor for the past seven years.
5. Economic stability for Ashcroft is most important because with that a lot of the other problems will be solved: school closures, jobs will bring young people and children for schools. Will solve tax issues with more industrial Tax base, etc.
6. I have been working with government to get the Ashcroft Terminal recognized as part of the Asian Gateway Initiatives. We are now part of the Asian Gateway Taskforce I’m still working to land a Data Centre in the area and now Premier Clark at UBCM said to me she will be our best sales person.
I have made many contacts over the last few years of which many are become helpful to moving Ashcroft forward in become economically stable. With the Provincial Government recognizing the great potential of Ashcroft Terminal and a Data Centre in the area, I feel we will get it done.