1. How long have you lived here? 46 years
2. What is your occupation? Business Man
3. Have you done any volunteer work here? Which group(s)? TV Society, Chamber of Commerce, various council committees.
4. Have you served before on a Town Council or School Board? When and for how long? Yes, the Village of Cache Creek Council, 27 years
5. Which issues are most important to you? Continued strong financial management; the opening and marketing of the Cache Creek Landfill extension; Continued upgrading of our Infrastructure; and Healthcare.
6. How would you address them? With the closing of the Cache Creek Landfill in 2016 Cache Creek is going to be going through some very big changes in the makeup of the income for the Village. We need to continue our strong financial control and leadership.
The continued support of the Cache Creek Landfill extension is paramount. We need to use all of our existing relationships and contacts to ensure that this project continues to move forward.
We have and will need to continue to upgrade our facilities. Over the years we have upgraded the Park, Pool, Community hall, Water and Sewer systems as well as Sidewalks, Streets and Roads. Having the majority of our facilities updated will make it easier to maintain them in times of decreased incomes.
We must continue to keep healthcare at the forefront with the provincial and federal government’s. We need to ensure that we are doing all we can to help maintain any and all healthcare opportunities in our region.
7. Additional comments. Cache Creek has enjoyed many years of strong financial incomes from our Landfill. These have been slowing lately and will continue to diminish up to the ultimate closure in December of 2016. The present and past councils have done an excellent job of preparing Cache Creek for this time and we need to stay the course and see our financial plan through these upcoming changes. We have and should continue to support and encourage the Cache Creek Landfill Extension to provide jobs and income for our region for the foreseeable future.
A village Council is made of many different personalities, and rightfully so. We need to have a complete mixture of beliefs and focuses to ensure a complete well managed Community. We need those focused on Recreation and Children, Seniors and Healthcare, Services and Operations, and Financial control. A lot of common sense and vision for the future doesn’t hurt either. We have enjoyed all of these in our past council. Although I am committed and concerned about all aspects of Cache Creek my greatest strength is Financial Management. Without strong Financial management we would not have the funds available to offer us the ability to provide many of the other services.