1. I have lived in Cache Creek for 14 years, but I was born and raised in Ashcroft so have spent lots of time in both communities.
2. I work on call for School District 74 and waitress at Chum’s Restaurant here in Cache Creek.
3. I have been an active volunteer in our community for the following groups:
– Cache Creek Elementary PAC and Ashcroft Secondary PAC;
– District Parent Advisory Council and School Planning Council;
– One to One Reading at Cache Creek Elementary School;
– Community Literacy;
– Emergency Social Service’s Red Cross Loan Cupboard;
– Graffiti Days Committee;
– Fundraising for Variety the Children’s Charity Bottle/Coin Drive; and
– Fundraising for Relay for Life in honour of Bethany and my dad.
4. No I have not.
5. The issue that is most imortant to me is economic development to stop our families from moving away, which affects not only the businesses but our local schools. Our community and school help raise a child, but declining population and enrolment affect our local school. I would hate to see our community lose its school here in Cache Creek.
I support activities in our community for the Seniors, Teen’s and Children. I have been involved in many and I am glad to have the opportunity to do things with my family.
6. I believe that I have something different to offer since I am younger with a young family. I see everyday more and more families having to leave because their jobs are now gone and there is no other work for them in our communities. So I want to fight for some economic development and push for some new industry’s that will take advantage of available resources that are already in our backyard.
As a resident of Cache Creek, I see the possibilities that are available to us to grow our community and develop new industry’s essential for economic growth as well as maintaining and stimulating enrolment in our school district.
7. I am a strong advocate for families. I know I am quite young and very new at this but I want to hear what you think our community needs. I will advocate for you!