1. Clinton has been my home for the past 39 years.
2. I am currently a paramedic with the BC Ambulance Service.
3. My volunteer work in the community consists of Clinton Minor Softball as a secretary treasurer, and Coach for three years. I was heavily involved with the Clinton Schools Parent Advisory for approximately 10 years, this included secretary for five years.
I have been a member of the Clinton Emergency Social Services for the past eight years, and recently I became a member of the Clinton Cleavages.
4. I have never served on any political government level.
5. Issues most important to me are the Health and Well-being of this community. This means prosperity in way of employment, and services. I would like to see the downtown core brought back to life – cleaned up and thriving once again. Work with the local businesses to the possibility of more employment to the community. Maintain our health services.
6. One way to address these issues is by building relationships locally, provincially and federally. You need to work in your community first to know what you need, then venture out, and make contacts with outlying areas, businesses, and officials. Community involvement is vital, however, in order to obtain success. You can accomplish more with numbers than you can alone.
We need to display Clinton for what we have and what we could have (potential). An example would be our wonderful outdoor recreation: Cross-country skiing fishing, hiking, trail rides, camping, and hunting.
Appearance speaks volumes – if we clean things up, Clinton can shine to everyone out there, such as employers, corporations, and the public.
Can we improve our agriculture by producing food?
Is having a recycling plant/center an option? (Glass crusher, remanufacturing of products)
7. I came here 39 years ago with my parents who owned and operated the Central Market and 47 Mile Variety, which I managed for 10 years. I am married and have two grown children that we raised here in Clinton. My parents still reside here as well. I have a deep passion for this community and I want to do my part to keep it the special place it truly is. “I am a Clintonite through and through.