Residential fire kills two men near Clinton

Fire started on kitchen table, ruled accidental. No foul play suspected.

On Feb. 12 at 4:55 pm, members of the Clinton RCMP responded to a residential fire at 1348 Pavilion Rd., about 15 km outside of Clinton.

Upon arrival by EHS, Fire Department and RCMP, two males were found deceased as well as a dog. A second dog died later of injuries.

Upon cursory examination it was thought the fire started from an explosion, but this was later confirmed false on Monday, Feb. 13 by the Fire Commission structural Protection Specialists. It appears the fire started as the result of a heat source left on the kitchen table.

The occupants of the house are believed to have retired for the evening, and were likely alerted to the fire by the smoke detectors and dogs. As the occupants entered the localized area of the fire, they were overcome by the heat and toxic fumes. The Fire Commission has ruled the fire as accidental, and no foul play is suspected.

The names of the deceased are being held until the notification of family members.

Further Inquiries can be directed to the Coroners Service at 1-888-991-2111.