1. How long have you lived here? I have lived in Ashcroft for 17 years. I was the manager of Ashcroft Ranch and now live in North Ashcroft.
2. What is your occupation? Retired.
3. Have you done any volunteer work here? Which group(s)? I was a part of the Village of Ashcroft’s Water Conservation Committee in 2013. I volunteer at the South Cariboo Elizabeth Fry Society; Christmas Food Hamper; and Bridging to Literacy which has included Family Gardening and the Red Bookshelf. I also volunteered to build the zucchini race track for the zucchini races at the Ashcroft and District Fall Fair this year.
4. Have you served before on a Town Council or School Board? No.
5. Which issues are most important to you? Along with maintaining and improving municipal water, sewer, and roads for present and future generations; keeping our citizens safe by supporting our Volunteer Fire Department; and continuing to work with the Wellness and Health Action Coalition for Health Care, I would address the following issues if elected as Mayor: Keeping tax increases to the rate of inflation or less; Accessibility for all to the Village office; Improve the signage to places of interest in the community to encourage tourists to explore our community; and Encourage improved use of village recreational facilities.
6. How would you address them? I believe council must work as a team to ensure tax payer’s dollars are spent wisely to meet these and other issues agreed upon for the next four years. Many of these can be paid for through grant applications, donations, and careful budgeting on council’s part to make wise, informed and responsible decisions for the benefit of all.
7. Additional comments: With all of us working together in our community, we will make Ashcroft a great place to live, work, and play.