1. My wife and I moved to Clinton in August of 2008.
2. I am now retired. I have, however, spent 35 years gaining leadership skills as a manager in the telecommunications industry, these skills are what I feel is needed for the mayor’s position.
3. I have been heavily involved in volunteer work since arriving in Clinton. I belong to the Clinton Lion’s Club (Treasurer), Clinton and District Economic Development Society (Vice President), The Clinton Volunteer Fire Department (Secretary and Firefighter), and the Clinton Curling Club (Director).
4. I have never served in local government and look forward to the new learnings this will bring.
5. Top priority for me is economic growth of the village, this will solve a number of issues the village currently faces, such as taxes, services, and employment. Secondly, I want to build a strong, cohesive team with the council and village staff, to address the issues and concerns of the people living in Clinton and a team that understands we’re spending taxpayers money on their behalf and are accountable for how we spend it.
6. For economic growth, I see focusing on tourism and retail; Clinton has a lot to offer in the way of outdoor activities and history. Working with the Economic Development Society we will reach out to people to come and locate new business here. Another opportunity for us is to get behind/support the drive for a community forest. This will create jobs and bring money into the community. As to a strong team, I will use my team building abilities to pull the council and village staff together and focus them on common goals that serve the people.
7. I am a “get it done” type person, I do not sit and wait for things to happen, I make them happen.