1. Resident in the rural area of Ashcroft/Cache for 30 years.
2. Retired Editor of the Ashcroft-Cache Creek JOURNAL; former Deputy Prothonotary, Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench; District Administrator, Registrar of the Admiralty court with the Federal Court of Canada in Vancouver.
4. Has served three terms as the Electoral Area I Director for the Thompson Nicola Regional District.
5. Issues in Area I are good potable water supply in the drylands area. Also a problem is the difficulty in accessing grant funds for community improvements and activities for the unincorporated settlements in the Area.
There is a new water system drawing from the Thompson River which has begun construction in Walhachin. This should solve the poor water quality issues, the lack of irrigation for lawns, and should allow for the development of lots in the community which was prevented by the lack of a sufficient volume of water. After nine years I want to see that one successfully concluded.
There is also a new water system under process in Spences Bridge which will see the source removed from surface water and draw from wells. This system is done in cooperation with the Cooks Ferry Indian Band.
6. I have been a strong voice for the residents of Area I, serving on TNRD Committees that I believe mostly affect them. I sought and was elected by my fellow Board members to the Solid Waste Management Plan Committee, and latterly the Solid Waste Management Implementation Plan Committee. I also serve on the Drinking Water and Utilities committee and was elected chair of the Emergency Management and Protective Services Committee. The TNRD Board chair also appointed me to the Audit Committee.
Through serving on these committees I am able to strongly state the interests of the constituents of Area I.
7. During my nine years, representing three terms as Director, I have learned a great deal about the workings of all levels of government, municipal, provincial and federal, and am able to work through these systems to promote things that are of interest to Area I. I have also earned a Certificate of Local Government Leadership, Level 1, from the Local Government Leadership Academy.