Just before 2:00pm on Feb. 22, a fire broke out at the mechanic shop on Collins Road in Cache Creek. The owner, who restores cars and motorcycles, was out at the time, and a passing motorist saw the flames and called 911. The Cache Creek Fire Department responded and managed to get the blaze under control quickly, with no loss of any adjacent buildings. The RCMP, B.C. Ambulance, and Fortis Gas also responded. Eyewitnesses said that the building was engulfed in flames within minutes. No cause has yet been determined.